It entails enlightening conversations in between kisses and caresses. A lot of marriage counselors chalk up the longevity of a marriage to how intimate the couple is.
Here are some ways how to achieve that intimacy for an ideal, almost-perfect marriage:
1. All work and no intimacy make a dull couple. It is a given that after a crazy day at the office, the husband and wife both feel exhausted. But they must not let it get in the way of their relationship. They must allow for some quality time in and out of their love bed.
2. The husband must give what his wife wants: quality talk time. Wives want to talk things out and express what is inside their hearts. The husband must grant her that as this is one way to achieve emotional intimacy.
3. The couple must still exert an effort to look attractive. It does not mean that both must be “dressed up” all the time. But married couples must still try their best to look nice for their partners. This is one of the ways to start up the intimacy.
4. The couple must schedule dates. Dating must not end at marriage. In fact, both should set a time to go out and have fun, just like before.
5. Husband and wife must continually unleash their romantic side. Kisses, hugs, flowers, holding hands, stolen smacks...’the works’ - they do magic in a relationship.
6. Surprises are nice. Sweet surprises always lead to intimacy. If the couple knows when to pull off these incredibly romantic stints, then that's a surefire way to attain a divorce-proof relationship.
7. Solving a problem before it gets blown out of proportion is important. Intimacy loses its appeal once it gets "infected" by those conflicts that cripple the relationship. Conflicts should let a couple grow and not cause the downfall. It is nice to earn that happily-ever-after plateau.
But marriage is not as easy as a Disney fairytale had told everyone. Intimacy must be maintained long after the honeymoon is over to guarantee the husband and wife that yes, this marriage would last. That yes, forever is possible.
Article From: savingamarriage